Tax Reporting and Compliance
Beyond the 990
Health care, not-for-profit and special needs organizations face complex reporting and compliance issues, including increasing IRS and state scrutiny, diverse income streams, and the need of not-for-profits to ensure none of their activities jeopardize their exempt status. Loeb & Troper provides a broad spectrum of tax compliance and consulting services:
Reporting and Compliance
• Preparation and review of Forms 990 and 990-T.
• Representation and consultation with respect to federal and state inquiries and examinations.
• Assistance with compliance and reporting issues associated with charitable giving, including deferred giving techniques, and donor-advised funds.
• Establishing and maintaining tax-exempt status.
• Strategic planning in conjunction with corporate structuring, including for-profit subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, and limited liability companies.
• Revenue-generating activities and Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) considerations.
• Alternative investments and their subjectivity to UBIT.