Bernard Grotell, CPA
Bernie Grotell provides audit and consulting services to not-for-profit and health care organizations. He has an extensive background in all issues relating to tax and accounting issues and reimbursement rate analysis and appeals.
Bernie regularly shares his knowledge of accounting and tax issues for exempt organizations through his committee work, lectures and articles. Recent activities include:
- Served as Chairman of the annual half-day conference on tax-exempt issues for exempt organizations for the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chaired many evening technical sessions for the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chaired the annual conference and many technical sessions for exempt organizations - Accountants for the Public Interest - New Jersey
- Edited and written articles - CPA Journal
- Edited the Not-for-Profit Section of Matthew Bender's ®Accounting Guide for Lawyers
- Lectured and written articles for Health Care Financial Management Associates
Bernie graduated from the Bernard M. Baruch College with a BBA and has completed all courses toward an MBA in Information Sciences.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Committee on Exempt Organizations
- Health Care Institutions Committee
- Health Care Financial Management Association
- New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging